Senior Java Developer (m/f/d)
REWE Group is one of the leading retail and tourism companies in Europe with an annual turnover of more than 60 billion EUR. We employ around 360,000 people at home and abroad. Our major brands include REWE, Penny, Billa, Mercury, BIPA, ITS, DER, Meier's Weltreisen, Jahn Reisen, and Toom Baumarkt.
REWE digital is the pioneer for the digitization of REWE Group. We are the driving force in digital food trading - and our goal is always the perfect digital supermarket. With agile working methods and interdisciplinary teams in Sofia, Cologne (Headquarters), and Ilmenau, we are approaching this goal step by step. The focus is always on the exchange with colleagues - regardless of department or function.
If you are an innovating developer, who wants to work with cutting-edge technologies, then REWE Digital Bulgaria is the perfect opportunity for you.
What you will do:
- Contribute to our Microservice architecture deployed in Google Cloud (GKE)
- Develop and deploy backend services with Spring Boot 2 and Java 11
- Implement Angular 6/7 and Android frontends
- Use and enhance our infrastructure based on Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Gradle, Git, etc.
- Participate in code reviews, pair programming, knowledge exchange with your colleagues
- Learn new things every day
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of core Java (collections, I/O, concurrency, generics)
- Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security)
- Test frameworks - JUnit, Mockito, Spring MVC
- SQL (MySQL or other RDBMS), Hibernate
- 5+ years experience with some of the above
Any of the following is a plus:
- Angular 2+, Typescript, Jasmine, Karma
- Android (Kotlin), Roboelectric
- Kafka, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gradle, Docker
- Experience in the cloud environment, preferably GCloud
- Prometheus, Grafana, Alert Manager
- GitHub or Stackoverflow account
Why REWE digital:
- 25 days Paid Vacation
- Premium Social package: additional health- and life insurance, money for petrol, public transport, entertainment, etc.
- Flexible working time and occasional home office
- Recreation area with table tennis and football, PlayStation, billiards, chess, small gym equipment, etc.
- Snacks, fruits, beverages, and Banitsa Thursdays
- Budget for Education (trainings, foreign language classes) Office Library, Hackathons in Cologne
Find your place at the Home of IT. Apply now!
Every person is different. We appreciate that. We appreciate and embrace all aspects of diversity and differentness – in technology and tools, languages and software, cooperation and collaboration.
And we have a shared vision: equal opportunities for everyone and more women in IT!