AI Engineer (m/f/d)
REWE digital – your Home of IT
We shape the future! Our mission is to accompany technological innovation on its way to product and market maturity and to make it usable for the REWE Group.
As an innovation hub, we identify technological innovations and develop new services, as well as new business models. To that extent, we investigate fields with high transformation potential, and evaluate them in practice.
We are experts in the disciplines of Innovation Management, Innovation Engineering and Acceleration Management. In our daily work, we design solutions for the future of the REWE Group in cross-functional teams.
With us, everyone is welcome, appreciated and seen. Be with us just as you are. We believe that we can only make great out of great together.
Are you ready for REWE digital? Then let's develop the future together.
Jobs you can learn from:
In your role as an AI Engineer, you will be part of a smart team of expert innovation enthusiasts at the frontier of AI research developing cutting edge AI prototypes for the growth of our business.
You will be required to learn fast, adapt to new research areas while implementing prototypes at the forefront of innovation. You will develop and enhance the ability to drive high potential projects while distinguishing between viable paths and technological dead ends.
You will continuously grow your experience in artificial intelligence, robotics and computer vision and help advance the understanding of learning and intelligent systems within and outside of our company.
Build artificial intelligence prototypes
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Apply knowledge of relevant research domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects
- Run exploratory analysis in order to generate new insights
- Act as a technical expert interface between potential partners and our team
- Implement tools, libraries and frameworks to speed up research
- Make improvements to the features, model architectures and training procedures of machine learning models
- Brainstorm solutions for complex problems
- Share knowledge with your team and other colleagues in the REWE Group
- Learn something new everyday, keep an eye on the research community and understand recent new developments
Features that define you:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or related field or M.Sc. with a minimum of two years of related work experience in ML and AI
- Hands on experience with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and understanding of the analysis and testing processes of neural networks
- Familiarity with deep learning approaches such as CNN, transformer, autoencoder and reinforcement learning
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Python, C++ or Java
- Experience with PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience with Google Cloud or similar Cloud environments
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German (B2)
- Demonstrable experience with state-of-the-art Deep Reinforcement Learning techniques.
- Experience with ML Ops.
- Experience in building microservice architectures in production environments.
Basics that make life even better:
- Culture that is celebrated every day at the office, at home and at regular events
- Impact because you develop applications and services for millions of people
- Tech hub with the latest technologies, tech talks and hackathons
- Life-work integration thanks to 30 days of annual leave, trusted flexitime, mobile working, sabbatical models, a company crèche and parent-child offices
- Professional development on the basis of a comprehensive workshop programme, professional academies and e-courses
- Updates at regular in-house workshops, conferences and weekly stand-ups
- No-stress commuting with the subsidised JobTicket, a JobRad cycle and parking spaces right outside the building
- Group benefits in the form of employee discounts at REWE, PENNY, toom Baumarkt and DER Touristik
- All-round support including comprehensive health services and pension subsidies
- Varied breaks and meals through culinary offers
Find your place at the Home of IT. Apply now!
Every person is different. We appreciate that. We appreciate and embrace all aspects of diversity and differentness – in technology and tools, languages and software, cooperation and collaboration.
And we have a shared vision: equal opportunities for everyone and more women in IT!